His name is an alteration of "Yop," a brand of drinkable yogurt.
Titles: The Great Battle Hero; The Lord of the Brave; The King of the Sword; The Headless Horseman (according to rumours).
Divine attributes and symbols: The Sword; The Knight's Cross.
The name "Iop's heart" has misled a lot of people, because if you think a Iop has a heart, you're mistaken! For some people, the heart symbolises love, friendship and little girls running through sunny, flowery meadows, but not for Iop and his disciples... this vital organ only interests them when they can rip it out of their enemies chests, still beating! Another characteristic of the god Iop is that he despises the weak. It's kind of mean, but that's just the way he is, and he'll never change!
— Dofus (MMO)
For a list of known Iop characters, see Category:Iop.
The symbol of Iop's disciples is the Heart (valiant and hardened).
Iops are courageous knights who let their weapons do the talking. If they knew what proverbs were, their favorite would definitely be “Act before you think.” Unfortunately, the size of their brains is inversely proportional to the size of their swords… Still, Iops are great protectors who are always appreciated in groups. Plus, they have such beautiful hair!
Iop's disciples must adhere to the following commandments:
- Thou shalt come, thou shalt see, thou shalt conquer.
- Thou shalt shout thy battle cries at the top of thy lungs to break thine enemies' ear drums before thou breakest their bones.
- Thou shalt make no bones about cutting thy meat.
- Thou shalt honour heroes fallen in combat.
- Thou shalt jump on all the starry thrones in the World of Twelve with thy boots on, a sword in hand and as serious an expression as thou canst manage on face.
- Thou shalt not underestimate thine enemies with a smaller weapon than thyself.
- Thou shalt hold on tight to both thy courage and thy sword.
- Thou shalt maintain thine athletic body by training two hours a day, preferably under the fires of the setting sun, because it's cooler that way.
- Thou shalt only cut thy hair if thou art defeated.
- Thou shalt show kindness by sparing the dead.
If thou dost not follow these commandments, thou shalt be forbidden from drawing thy sword for a duration of twelve weeks as a sign of penitence.
Praise be to Iop, the muscular god!— Dofus (MMO)
Iops as described in their temple
One thing's for sure: you can't change a Iop! Once you appreciate this and are fully aware of it, you will get along with them much better. To be more efficient and gain time, some Iops reduce their vocabulary to about twenty words, which is enough for their daily needs: eat, drink, sleep, and fight. Eat again, drink again, sleep again and fight again... eat some more, drink some more and fight some more. They do know how to use their weapons, though, and that's enough to keep them happy. To give them some credit, they have a great range of insults that they tend to use when fighting: scabby Gobbly, Larva liver, Bloplicker, Trool droppings and so on. And all in all, Iops simply love their lives!
Their impetuous moods make Iops extreme warriors, capable of the worst as well as the best. Some Iops, such as the knight Rish Claymore, are famous for their strength and bravery. Others delight in violence and barbarity and have written their names in bloody letters on the wall of the World's history: Eratz the Protester might be the best example.— Dofus (MMO)